December 11: 11 Things.
What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
(Author: Sam Davidson)
I'm not really into elimination. I'm more into balance. Unless you're doing, oh I don't know, a lot of meth...or something equally abusive to yourself (or those around you)...I think moderation is really best.
So here comes my list of things I am going to strive to approach from a more balanced perspective. In no particular order:
- Bejeweled...and Facebook in general. I am a little too Facebooky...and a little too awesome at Bejeweled.
- The excuses I generate so I don't have to go to the gym (on non-Boot Camp days).
- Saying yes, without hesitation, to "Do you wanna go to lunch?" instead of eating my healthier and cheaper lunch from home.
- My tempestuous relationship with Sundays.
- Printing articles from the Chronicle of Higher Education. I always use the "But it's for my dissertation and professional development" excuse, as I hear the trees screaming in the background. Certainly I can figure out a better e-storage system.
- Hitting the snooze button so much...and my frequent bouts of morning crankiness directed at poor, undeserving Jay. Let's get going and be in a good mood about the new day already!
- Having the TV on as background noise. There needs to be more radio. More quiet.
- Sifting and winnowing through the piles of stuff adorning my home on a more regular basis. I'm not going to get carried away and be a neat-freak...but a little less squalor would be nice.
- Web browsing on my phone while riding the bus. Remember when I brought a book to read on the way home? Those were good days.
- Complaining--ad nauseam--about the very same things in regard to the very same people/situations. Letting go is good.
- Buying fancy organizational systems/post-its and then not using them because I'm "saving them for something special." That should be at the top of some list of ridiculousness?!? What's more special than what's already going on around here! :)